How to Get Basic Text in Filmora 9?

Sometimes a simple title is all you need in your video it's true so morning is full of creative titles and unique fonts and animation but all I want is a static text in a font of my choice customizable text is easy to create for more nine and I'm going to show you.

how hey everyone its Elliot from filmora here to empower your inner video creator and welcome back to another episode of two-minute tips the series where I show you an editing tip in two minutes or less because your time is valuable so let's get on to today's topic making basic text alright let's start the timer filmora 9 is full of pre-made animated titles credits and other unique text that you can drag and drop to easily apply to your video.

but maybe all you want is a basic text that doesn't move this is how you can do it here I have a video that I've been working on and I want to add text on top I want the text to be super simple so wouldn't take too much attention away from the video.

I'll start by clicking onto the title tab at the top of the interface I will scroll down and see some of the more basic options for titles number forty you will do the job now all I have to do is drag it onto the timeline now that it's on the timeline I could play it and see how it looks to see there's still this animation that happens at the beginning.

I want to get rid of that and simply have the title appear I'll double click on the title clip in the timeline and this will open up the modification screen I will then click the advanced button which will open up the title inspector in the top left corner you will see the animation tab I'll Click that and it will bring me to the animation menu I'll select the text that I want the animation removed by clicking it in the preview window on the right.

you can also select it by clicking it in the timeline below once I have the one I want to be selected I'll click no animation you can tell it to activate it when you see the teal box around it hit okay and now my text will not have any animation but let's say I want to change the font I'll double Click on the title clip I want to edit again right here in the font section.

I can select the typeface I want to use and beneath that, I could change the text color and even the size of the title let's take a look at the full video with the text now nice simple yet effective there you have it that is how you can apply some basic text to your video is there a video editing the challenge that is too complex or is taking too long let us know in the comments below we'd love to help you out if you want more video editing tips and tricks be sure to subscribe until then keep creating and I'll see you next time hey there if you like.